Silja Swaby, half Jamaican, half Finnish, is a marine biologist and author. Funded by Arts Council England, she has won competitions, and been placed in prizes and awards. She is working on a series of futuristic thrillers, featuring a female biologist whose quiet academic life takes a drastic turn. Silja has taken creative writing courses at Cambridge University and more recently Yale University, USA.

Silja tutors writers, gives workshops, and provides a critique service. She is happily unmarried and lives in deepest Somerset, UK.


Silja Swaby is pronounced Sil-yah Sway-bee.

January 12, 2012

Meditation

Taking five minute to meditate at the beginning of a writing session will quiet the 'chatter' and give your mind a chance to access your creativity. I set a timer, close my eyes and when the negative thoughts come I tell myself, 'Let it go. It's got nothing to do with you.' Yes, my mind wanders, but the discipline helps me ditch the rubbish and enter my 'writing head'.

No comments:

Pot luck Writing tips