Silja Swaby, half Jamaican, half Finnish, is a marine biologist and author. Funded by Arts Council England, she has won competitions, and been placed in prizes and awards. She is working on a series of futuristic thrillers, featuring a female biologist whose quiet academic life takes a drastic turn. Silja has taken creative writing courses at Cambridge University and more recently Yale University, USA.

Silja tutors writers, gives workshops, and provides a critique service. She is happily unmarried and lives in deepest Somerset, UK.


Silja Swaby is pronounced Sil-yah Sway-bee.

August 17, 2013

Fallen out of love

This last month I've put the novel on hold what with family and planning the Sherborne Arts Link course I'm running. So I'd mentally jammed it in an old suitcase and stuffed it in the brain loft. Now I can get back to it means getting the dusty suitcase down and reconnecting with the characters - Annika I've lived with for so long that there are no problems there - but the others have faded somewhat. I need the storyboard in my mind to be refreshed and for me to fall back in love with it.

No comments:

Pot luck Writing tips